The University of Hawai‘i Health Sciences Library provides information services and resources for the Health Sciences faculty, students, staff, and affiliated researchers. The Library’s services are designed to anticipate and respond to individual and organizational information needs for teaching, learning, research, and health care. The Library uses innovative tools and comprehensive information resources in order to enhance health care, research, and education.
In order to fulfill the Library’s Mission, we:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of information technology and advances in health sciences informatics;
- Select, manage the delivery of, and provide access on-site and remotely to information resources in a
variety of formats;
- Educate and assist library users to identify, manage, utilize, and evaluate information and information
- Work with faculty, researchers, and health care providers in planning and executing the information
components of their courses/programs;
- Put library user needs at the forefront of all decision-making about collections and services;
- Offer a user-friendly physical and virtual research and learning environment;
- Promote the library’s resources and services for education, research, and personal enrichment;
- Recruit and retain excellent staff and support their professional growth;
- Participate in professional, university, and community activities.