About the Library
The Health Sciences Library, which opened in the Spring of 2005, serves as an information resource not only for the John A. Burns School of Medicine, but also for the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa campus, the UH system, and the State. Emphasis is on Web-accessible materials, and collections include a wide variety of print and electronic resources, primarily in the clinical sciences. The electronic collection is greatly enhanced by cooperative purchasing arrangements with University of Hawai‘i’s Hamilton Library and with the Medical Libraries Consortium of Hawai‘i.
- Convenient location on the ground floor of the Medical Education Building (MEB), 651 Ilalo St., Honolulu, HI 96813-5525.
- Computer workstations available for public as well as student use in the main library.
- Computer lab/classroom equipped with 30 computers for individual or classroom use.
- Group study rooms accessible to School of Medicine students.
- Individual study carrels in stack area.
- Wireless capability throughout the library for UH Mānoa affiliates.
- Reference assistance for all including the following: telephone service, assistance with literature searching, provision of quick
answers, and help/advice with more in-depth inquiries.
- Individual and classroom instruction in the use of the resources.
- Reserve collection.
- Assistance with interlibrary loan requests and document delivery.